Hustle for the House Covid-19 Safety Procedure Guidelines
Today’s world and collective national climate with the Covid-19 pandemic has forced us to make a few event format changes and put some safeguards in place for everyone’s comfort and safety. The well-being, peace of mind, and safety of participants and the event staff and volunteers is paramount in our planning and execution. As of today, we plan to race in person (with the virtual option) but reserve the right to “go virtual” if recommended by the CDC closer to event day. Please read these few simple guidelines.
– Online registration is available (click HERE). Pre-registration is not mandatory but highly suggested to avoid waiting in line any longer than necessary.
– Pre-race day packet pickup and walk-up registration is available outside the Nashville Ronald McDonald House located at 2144 Fairfax Ave from 9 AM – 4 PM. We suggest attendance to avoid lines race morning.
– Only one member of your party is needed to register or pick up. Face mask/covering required.
– Event T-shirts and race bibs with timing tag on the back will be issued at pickup pre-race day, as well race morning for walk-up registrants.
– You do have the option to run/walk your 5k on your own time. Race day attendance is not mandatory if you want to avoid the gathering. If you registered to participate in person but prefer the virtual option, email firstname.lastname@example.org to have your registration transferred to virtual at no cost to you.
– Location – 2144 Fairfax Ave, there is plenty of parking on the street in the Hillsboro Village neighborhood.
– 6:30 AM – 7:15 AM Walk-up registration and pre-registered packet pickup
– Only one member in your party needs to be in these lines, waivers will need to be filled out and signed by a consenting adult. These are short forms. Minimal information is needed to provide
you with results. Hand sanitizer will be located at these locations.
– Event t-shirts and race bibs with timing tag on the back will be issued as you register or pick up your packets prior to the race start. We cannot hold your gear or “stash it.”
– This will be an extended start event. It is a chip-timed run/walk so your time doesn’t begin until you cross the start line (any time between 8am-8:10am so no need to crowd around the starting line ahead of time). Please wear the race bib in the front.
– 1-Mile Race start 7:30 AM / 5K Race start 8 AM
A few common-sense guidelines:
– Please respect people’s space and abide by the 6’ guidelines currently the norm around the world with people not in your party. The social distance police will not be present, please use good judgment.
– Cover your mouth if you have to cough or sneeze.
– All attendees (runners, spectators, volunteers, etc.) will be required to wear a face mask prior to the start of the event (while waiting in lines at pickup or registration, using the restroom, etc.) and immediately after the event. If you are a runner/walker, you will not have to wear a mask while participating in the actual event.
– Finisher medals will be given out to all 1-mile and 5k participants at the finish line. Trophies will be given out to Largest Team, Best Costume, Top Fundraiser, and top 3 finishers in each of these categories for the 5K: Overall Male, Overall Female, Masters Male, Masters Female, Grand Masters Male, Grand Masters Female. All results will be posted online at www.raceroster.com.
– Please do not congregate at the finish line, there is plenty of room to wait for friends and family as well as cheer them on.
– If you aren’t feeling well, have tested positive or been exposed to Covid-19, have been medically quarantined in the last 14 days, feel feverish or have a current fever, we respectfully ask you to not participate or visit with us race morning.
– Any questions, email email@example.com.
Hopefully, when we run together in 2022, we can finally go crazy with the block party. See you at packet pick-up!