Pull Tab Collection Challenge
August 2 - November 19
Your school, organization, or business is invited to participate in the 17th Annual Pull Tab Collection Challenge benefitting Ronald McDonald House Charities of Nashville. Our project is simple, fun, and will engage kids and adults across middle Tennessee, southern Kentucky, and northern Alabama.
- From Tuesday, August 3 through Friday, November 19, 2021, participating schools, organizations, and businesses will coordinate their groups in the collection of pull tabs.
- Collect the pull tabs in containers (gallon-size plastic bags work the best, please, no jugs).
- All registered groups will be contacted in late October with details of how to report the number of tabs your group has collected.
- On November 12th, you will need to weigh the pull tabs you have collected and report back with that number. All groups will need to divide the total weight (use ounces as the measure) of pull tabs collected by the number of individuals in your school, organization, or business.
- The winning group will be the school, organization, or business that has the highest weight of tabs per individual in your group.
Pull Tab Drop Off Day
Due to COVID-19 restrictions, our Pull Tab Drop Off Day will be different this year. By Friday, November 19th, we ask that a representative from your group bring their aluminum can tabs to the House and help us fill our giant dumpster to be taken to the recycler. We encourage representatives from participating schools, organizations and businesses to come to the House to be a part of our festivities. If you have an oversized load of tabs or this timing does not work for your organization, we welcome you to drop the tabs on the porch of the Nashville Ronald McDonald House but ask that you contact Liz Piercy (firstname.lastname@example.org) to schedule this alternative drop off date and time.
In 2020, almost 11K individuals from 42 schools, organizations and businesses from across middle Tennessee and southern Kentucky took on the challenge of collecting the most aluminum tabs from cans that can be recycled with all proceeds benefiting RMHC of Nashville. 1,832 lbs. of pull tabs were collected for a grand total of 2,198,604 can tabs! All these tabs have been recycled and proceeds raised go to support the programs of RMHC of Nashville.
Your collection of pull-tabs supports the programs run by Ronald McDonald House Charities of Nashville while bringing attention to our mission to “keep families close” during the critical illness of a child.
If you have any questions or need further information, please email email@example.com or (615) 343-4000.
to the Schools, organizations and businesses who participated in the
16th Annual Pull Tab Collection Challenge
benefiting Ronald McDonald House Charities of Nashville!
The winning totals are based on the number of ounces collected per individual. The top 3 schools and individuals/organizations in the 2020 competition are in order as follows: